[IPython-User] Scattering functions using IPython parallel

reckoner reckoner@gmail....
Wed Aug 8 09:24:53 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use IPython's scatter mechanism to distribute a large
number of dynamically generated functions, but I'm stymied by pickling
errors. Some furious googling about this issue reveals that pickling
functions is problematic, but is there anything in the IPython kit that
can make this work? It would be a lot of work to restructure my entire
codebase that relies heavily on these dynamically generated functions.
For reference, the functions themselves do not rely on global variables
in the namespace and are otherwise pretty self-contained.

Thanks in advance!