[IPython-User] Scattering functions using IPython parallel

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Wed Aug 8 14:10:33 CDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 7:24 AM, reckoner <reckoner@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use IPython's scatter mechanism to distribute a large
> number of dynamically generated functions, but I'm stymied by pickling
> errors. Some furious googling about this issue reveals that pickling
> functions is problematic, but is there anything in the IPython kit that
> can make this work? It would be a lot of work to restructure my entire
> codebase that relies heavily on these dynamically generated functions.
> For reference, the functions themselves do not rely on global variables
> in the namespace and are otherwise pretty self-contained.

Are you using master?  If so, try applying PR
#2246<https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/2246>,
and see if it helps. The serialization is being redone a bit, and it is
more conservative about inspecting arguments.  2246 fixes an issue where it
was a little *too* conservative.

We can handle simple functions, but most importantly not ones with
closures.  What error do you get?