[IPython-User] raw_input replacement in ipython Notebook

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Wed Aug 8 14:39:53 CDT 2012

I think we could use the Javascript display object to do a simple
dialog that allows a user to enter text that is sent to the kernel.
Shoudn't be too difficult.  Wouldn't be a full raw_input replacement,
but we be a start.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Brian Blais <bblais@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just started with the iPython notebook, and find it amazing.  Thanks everyone!
>
> I was just wondering if there is an easy way to get user input?  Clearly, raw_input doesn't work, and even if it did you don't want to have to keep flipping over to the kernel window.  However, is there any easy way to have a pop-up text box, which returns its value to the ipython notebook?  I use this sort of thing from time to time to vary the input to something, without having to modify the code each time.
>
> again, thanks,
>
>                         bb
>

> --
> Brian Blais