[IPython-User] More collapsible cells

klo uo klonuo@gmail....
Fri Aug 10 11:29:13 CDT 2012

Thanks Matthias for your fast reply :)

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER wrote:

> There use to be issues with CodeMirror when showing/hidding it and disagreement on what the UI should be.
> see PR #1300

Great reference for my question; acknowledged as not possible at the moment
I like ellisonbg's reply, as that's where I also expect Notebook to go
- resizable, dragable, arrangeable, ..., cells and yet I expect more
surprises as I get with every new major release ;)

> Difference is that github render the markdown server side.
> And I don't think we do. We still have a rst render service (unused I think)
> So I don't see any reason not to have markdown.
>
> One thing fernando want for a long time is to make reference to a python object from within markdown (limited to its _repr_*_)
> So that you could write something like:
>
> "and we see in the above code that at the end foo is equal to ::foo::"
> (I'm just imaging some syntax here)
>
> If you want to give it shot and make a PR ... even with some draft code to discuss.
> There are still lot of PR around, so don't expect feedback too soon.

OK, thanks, I wanted to hear what you think
It's interesting idea, although I haven't used markdown cells very
much despite it's usefulness

About PR it's very long shot for. I tried couple of times to
understand IPython flow, even used Understand to visualize it :) but
it's too complex for me and it's changing too fast, so although I like
to contribute it's just a wish unfortunately

Cheers