[IPython-User] Need more direction Manual SSH tunnels and qtconsole setup

reckoner reckoner@gmail....
Sat Aug 11 20:46:37 CDT 2012

   >Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:36:37 -0700
   >From: reckoner <reckoner@gmail.com>
   >Subject: Re: [IPython-User] Need more direction Manual SSH tunnels and
   >	qtconsole setup
   >To: ipython-user@scipy.org
   >
   >   >The ports are specified in that JSON file, and are randomized.
   >Depending
   >   >on your setup, IPython can try to do the port forwarding for
you, in
   >which
   >   >case you would do:
   >   >[bob] $ ipython qtconsole --existing kernel-ssh.json
   >   >
   >   > ----- snip------
   >   >
   >   >
   >   >I hope that clears some things up.
   >   >
   >   >-MinRK
   >
   >Thanks for the detailed reply. However, I get the following error:
   >
   >   File
   >"/nfs/02/reckoner/lib/python2.6/site-packages/IPython/zmq/session.py",
   >line 725, in unserialize
   >     raise ValueError("Invalid Signature: %r"%signature)
   >ValueError: Invalid Signature: '5f4c8fc192935e9c612c61660ead7e7a'
   >
   >I followed your instructions exactly. What am I missing here?
   >

   >------------------------------
   >
   >Message: 2
   >Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:29:12 -0700
   >From: MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com>
   >Subject: Re: [IPython-User] Need more direction Manual SSH tunnels and
   >	qtconsole setup
   >To: "Discussions about using IPython. http://ipython.org"
   >	<ipython-user@scipy.org>
   >
   >On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM, reckoner <reckoner@gmail.com> wrote:
   >
   >>    >The ports are specified in that JSON file, and are randomized.
   >> Depending
   >>    >on your setup, IPython can try to do the port forwarding for
you, in
   >> which
   >>    >case you would do:
   >>    >[bob] $ ipython qtconsole --existing kernel-ssh.json
   >>    >
   >>    > ----- snip------
   >>    >
   >>    >
   >>    >I hope that clears some things up.
   >>    >
   >>    >-MinRK
   >>
   >> Thanks for the detailed reply. However, I get the following error:
   >>
   >>    File
   >> "/nfs/02/reckoner/lib/python2.6/site-packages/IPython/zmq/session.py",
   >> line 725, in unserialize
   >>      raise ValueError("Invalid Signature: %r"%signature)
   >> ValueError: Invalid Signature: '5f4c8fc192935e9c612c61660ead7e7a'
   >>
   >> I followed your instructions exactly. What am I missing here?
   >>

   >Which instructions did you follow (I sent two)?  What version of
IPython on
   >each machine? And pyzmq/libzmq versions, just in case?

I followed your 2nd set of instructions (w/ the manual SSH setup). I got
it working
by aligning the ZMQ and IPython versions.

Also, using this setup, is it possible to render the plots locally while
connected to the
remote kernel. In other words, doing figure() in the qtconsole would
open a local plot instead
of trying to render on the remote end.

Thanks!