[IPython-User] notebook tex parsing & cell hiding

Johan Beke johanbeke@hotmail....
Sun Aug 12 03:24:13 CDT 2012

Hello All,

I may have overlooked some features of the notebook. The following things might be handy:

1) Hiding cells: sometimes large calculation cells are no necessary to be displayed. E.g. for a long plotting commands only the result is interesting when printing or displaying to other users

2) It might be interesting to render python input (as an option or even a cell based option) to latex. Expressions as a_i = (5+a_j2)/2 could for example be rendered as a_i = \frac{ {5+a_{j2}}{2}

As I'm a structural engineer these options will enable me (and other users) to print calculations directly to pdf for our reports. No readers/clients will be interested in python code, but they will like pretty printed math code.

I don't know if these features are already provide (or in a development branch) but if not, I think it might be an interesting feature for some engineers.

Johan

PS: to the developers: if such things is not provide but possible to implement as I  have experience with python and web development