[IPython-User] Can't get ipcluster to run on LAN

Johann Rohwer jr@sun.ac...
Mon Aug 13 07:13:12 CDT 2012

On Wednesday 08 August 2012 15:10:29 MinRK wrote:

> There's also clearly another bug in ipengine, where disambiguation
> of ip=* with location={not local}, where it's coming up with
> localhost instead of location.  The workaround for this is to
> explicitly use an engine-visible IP on the controller (ip=1.2.3.4).
>  This part does not affect 0.13, and should be fixed by PR #2269.

Incidentally I'm also seeing this on 0.13 but only on our cluster at
work. Maybe because the cluster controller has 2 ethernet cards, one
visible to the outside world, and the other connected to the cluster
nodes via a 10.0.0.* subnet.

I'm not seeing this in my home setup with just two separate machines,
each a single ethernet card (no shared home dir, so the json files have
to be copied over).

--Johann
E-pos vrywaringsklousule

Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige lês aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie.

E-mail disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.