[IPython-User] line_profiler problem with reload(module)

reckoner reckoner@gmail....
Tue Aug 14 14:50:20 CDT 2012

Hi,

I have installed the excellent line_profiler from here:

    https://bitbucket.org/robertkern/line_profiler

and it works beautifully. However, when I alter the source and
reload(module_name) into IPython and then re-run

%lprun -f module_name.foo module_name.foo()

the changes in the source code are not reflected in the so-generated
listing. In fact, I have to restart the IPython kernel for it to
recognize the changes in the source code of module_name.

Any ideas here? line_profiler is extremely useful, but restarting the
kernel repeatedly is a downer!

Thanks!

Jose