[IPython-User] Push/pull data from remote kernel from client?

reckoner reckoner@gmail....
Wed Aug 15 14:51:55 CDT 2012

> Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:58:34 -0700
> From: MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [IPython-User] Push/pull data from remote kernel from
> 	client?
> To: "Discussions about using IPython. http://ipython.org"
> 	<ipython-user@scipy.org>
>
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM, reckoner <reckoner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Through certain SSH-tunneling gymnastics, I can connect my client
>> (locally running qtconsole) to a remote kernel. Can I selectively pull
>> objects from the remote kernel into my client workspace? Is there
>> something built-in that does this already? Note that I am the only one
>> using the remote kernel.
>>

> What do you mean by 'client workspace'?  With the QtConsole, no user code
> at all is run client-side.

Thank you. I understand my question was poorly worded.  Yes, the code I
type in
my QtConsole is run on the remote kernel with the so-created objects on the
remote-side. Ultimately, I want to have some of those remote-objects
available
on the client side for visualization. Right now, I am pickling those
objects,
SCP-ing them to the client, and then subsequently plotting them.

Is there a way to abbreviate this workflow using the existing ZMQ plumbing?