[IPython-User] Push/pull data from remote kernel from client?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Aug 15 14:57:28 CDT 2012

On 15 August 2012 20:51, reckoner <reckoner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now, I am pickling those
> objects,
> SCP-ing them to the client, and then subsequently plotting them.
>
> Is there a way to abbreviate this workflow using the existing ZMQ plumbing?

The normal model we have is that the plotting is done in the kernel,
and the resulting plot is sent to the frontend as png or svg data.
This is what happens in pylab inline mode, and you can add _repr_png_
and _repr_svg_ methods to any objects where it makes sense.

Thomas