[IPython-User] ipython notebook not displaying output cells

Phil Austin paustin@eos.ubc...
Wed Aug 15 18:34:20 CDT 2012

Following up -- the problem seems to be related to
Active Directory running on our Windows 7 64bit enterprise server.
Turning off the firewall on a lab client machine doesn't help
(that is, ipython is still unable to make connections to
tcp ephemeral ports)  but if the client machine is rebooted in
networking safe mode then ipython works fine.

googling "Active Directory blocks tcp ports" doesn't produce any
leads, so if anybody has run into similar problems with
a windows server I'd be eager to here about it.

thanks, Phil Austin