[IPython-User] notebook kernel hanging?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Aug 16 00:10:16 CDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:
> I am running ipython 0.13 and am testing the PZ Performance notebook.
> I get to one of the cells (btw, the cells should be auto numbered somehow
> for easy reference),
> and it says 'kernel busy' in the upper right. But never returns. After this,
> I cannot use
> any cell in any notebook. What could be wrong here?

With so little info, no idea.  Try:

- interrupting the kernel and see if the traceback is any useful.
- see if after the interruption, a simple '1+1' cell executes OK or  not.
- restart the kernel and rerun it to the same point (and possibly
restart your cluster, since those are parallel examples that assume a
working cluster).

If none of the above work, let us know which cell it is by pasting its
code here so we can identify it and reproduce the problem.