[IPython-User] Run Python with IPython from a stick?

Marcos Duarte duartexyz@gmail....
Fri Aug 24 10:32:38 CDT 2012

Mark Bakker wrote :
> I would like to run Python from a USB stick.
> Options I know about are Portable Python (which doesn't include IPython)
and Movable Python (which doesn't seem to have a release beyond Python 2.5,
but did include IPython).
> Anybody know of other options?

I installed IPython 0.13 after Portable Python 2.7.3.1 in MS Windows and
everything seems to work fine (including the IPython notebook).
I created an installation of that for my students (so, they have to work
more on their excuses...). You can download it here
http://ebm.ufabc.edu.br/saiprog/ppythonni-portable-python-with-no-installation/.
The
file has 64 MB (compressed) and 286 MB when uncompressed (it includes lots
of libraries for scientific programming).

Hope this helps

Marcos