[IPython-User] Simplest possible server

Mon Aug 27 10:40:52 CDT 2012

Le 27 août 2012 à 17:29, Vladan Divljak a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I would like to run IPython Notebook as server with already made "Notebook file" then from remote PC run the project. So it would have presentation part and Python code part which will need to be executed/controlled from remote machine that doesn't even have Python.
> Is it possible?

If I understat correctly that is (one of) the goal of the notebook server.

> If answer is Yes, can someone be kind enough and link me to some guide or small documentation?
> If answer is No, does IPython offer similar scenario with some third-party which is easy and tested to work?

What you want to do is run the notebook server on one of you computer but being accessible from the outside.
you should read this part of the doc
http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/interactive/htmlnotebook.html#quick-howto-running-a-public-notebook-server

That explain how to run a public notebook server.
You are **strongly** encouraged to add ssl certificate and password to your notebook server.

If your computer is not remotely accessible, you should be able to make a demo using
https://notebookcloud.appspot.com/
(notebook server running on EC2)
--
Matthias