[IPython-User] Changes in how to "instruct your controller to listen on an external IP"?

Jon Olav Vik jonovik@gmail....
Thu Aug 30 08:24:26 CDT 2012

Jon Olav Vik <jonovik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> $ python -c "from IPython.parallel import Client; c = Client(); print c.ids"
> IPython/parallel/client/client.py:444: RuntimeWarning:
>    Controller appears to be listening on localhost, but not on this machine.
>    If this is true, you should specify Client(...,sshserver='you <at>
10.32.254.130')
>    or instruct your controller to listen on an external IP.

The connection does work if I do:
python -c "from IPython.parallel import Client; c = Client
(sshserver='10.32.254.130'); print c.ids"

However, I would like this default to be automatic, as before.

JOV