[IPython-User] Notebook display of nested HTML tables?

Gardner Pomper gardner@networknow....
Thu Aug 30 15:49:44 CDT 2012

I have some objects that I would like to display in the notebook using
the _repr_html_() method. I use this frequently (I am on 0.13) and it
has worked fine for simple tables. My latest effort is a table, of
which each cell is a table. Sample html is shown:

                  <th>Column 1</th>
                   <th>Column 2</th>

If I save this html in a file and load it into the browser, it works
ok. But if I do it in IPython, the child tables seem to be aligned in
the middle vertically, and have a whole bunch of whitespace around
them.

I am using IPython 0.13 on red hat linux. I have done now special
setup for any kind of configuration files. I have even tried setting a
CSS style using IPython.core.display Javascript with no effect.

Why is IPython rendering my nested html tables funny, but my simple tables fine?

- Gardner