[IPython-User] using iPython as a way to generate repetitive reports.

Robert McGibbon rmcgibbo@gmail....
Sat Dec 1 17:39:21 CST 2012

Hey,

I think this is a very cool idea. I work with long-running (weeks to months) simulations, and we always want to know things like how converged our data collection is. Manually, we might load up the current data, make a "report" like some PCA biplots or what have you, and then decide from there whether to stop data collection or not. Being able to do this type of thing from a script (on a crontab) with the result being a formatted PDF would be awesome.

As you point out maybe a true templating system like jinja would be more appropriate, but for simple tasks (the reports don't have to be beautiful, they just need to contain some plots and text) this could be quite useful.

-Robert