[IPython-User] Interrupting current calculation in an ipython embedded in a Qt gui app

Antony Lee antony.lee@berkeley....
Tue Dec 4 03:31:22 CST 2012

Hi all,
I am embedding ipython in a Qt gui app.  ipython is running in its own
QThread (in the terminal, not in a Qt widget -- I have trouble making zmq
work on Windows and I have to support this platform too...).
I would like a way to stop the computation ipython is currently doing,
either with Ctrl-C, or with a command from the app (basically something
like throwing a KeyboardInterrupt in ipython's thread).  Unfortunately,
Ctrl-C raises a KeyboardInterrupt in the *main* thread, not ipython's
thread; and I see no way to achieve that by running commands from another
thread.
Any help would be welcome!
Antony