[IPython-User] opening notebook remotely

Tue Dec 4 13:53:02 CST 2012

Le 4 déc. 2012 à 20:39, Abhishek Pratap a écrit :

> Hi Guys
>
> quick question. opening a notebook on the same server with
> localhost:8888 works fine. I was wondering if I wanted to open another
> instance on a different machine I tries the following
> ip-of-machine(where ipython is running):8888 but it doesnt seem to work.

do You listen on external IP ? '*'
you should see

[NotebookApp] The IPython Notebook is running at: http://[all ip on your system]:8888/
Instead of
[NotebookApp] The IPython Notebook is running at: http://127.0.0.1:8888/
when starting.

if you do so, don't forget to put a password and run it over https.
--
Matthias