[IPython-User] "usage" module shows up in "%who", when using qt console

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Wed Dec 5 16:00:36 CST 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Antony Lee <antony.lee@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
> When I start ipython (0.13.1) in the terminal, %who is initially empty, as
> one can expect; on the other hand, when I start a qt console, %who lists the
> usage module (IPython.core.usage).  I believe this is a bug, but this may be
> due to some misconfiguration by myself too...

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the report. This was indeed a bug, it was fixed by Bradley
Froehle back in July
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/commit/2bf631bc31d528e2dc06f5060032162d22081090

As always, you can see the currently open bug over at
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues

and submit new bug reports directly over at
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/new

better,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: