[IPython-User] [notebook] set axis limits after inline plot?

Adam Hughes hughesadam87@gmail....
Wed Dec 12 19:28:28 CST 2012

I don't know if this is possible, but if you really need
interactive/automatic functionality like this, have you looked into
Enthought's IPython Chaco interface?

http://docs.enthought.com/chaco/user_manual/tutorial_ipython.html

Seems suited for this kind of thing.  The drawback is that chaco is a
completely different library from matplotlib; however, simple commands like
setting limits and such are easy enough to figure out from the API