[IPython-User] ipcluster runs out of memory and can't purge results

Johann Rohwer jr@sun.ac...
Sat Dec 15 06:22:10 CST 2012

On 15/12/2012 01:11, Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Robert Nishihara
> <robertnishihara@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I think I've run into a
>> similar problem, and I've had some success with this.
>
> Please keep us posted on how this goes, so we can offer a more robust
> and easy to use solution out of the box: if Robert's solution works
> for you we can wrap it into a user-facing utility.
>
> Also, does running %reset help any?

%reset by itself seems to be doing the trick for me without
needing all the commands in Robert's solution!

Incidentally, where is the %reset command documented? I've read through the
parallel docs at
    http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/parallel/index.html
multiple times and can't seem to find it. It really seems a useful feature
and even asks the user for confirmation, warning of data loss. Can this be
executed from within scripts when these are called by ipython script.py from
the command line?

--Johann