[IPython-User] ipcluster runs out of memory and can't purge results

Sat Dec 15 06:29:45 CST 2012

Le 15 déc. 2012 à 13:22, Johann Rohwer a écrit :

> On 15/12/2012 01:11, Fernando Perez wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Robert Nishihara
>> <robertnishihara@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I think I've run into a
>>> similar problem, and I've had some success with this.
>>
>> Please keep us posted on how this goes, so we can offer a more robust
>> and easy to use solution out of the box: if Robert's solution works
>> for you we can wrap it into a user-facing utility.
>>
>> Also, does running %reset help any?
>
> %reset by itself seems to be doing the trick for me without
> needing all the commands in Robert's solution!
>
> Incidentally, where is the %reset command documented? I've read through the
> parallel docs at
>    http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/parallel/index.html
> multiple times and can't seem to find it. It really seems a useful feature
> and even asks the user for confirmation, warning of data loss. Can this be
> executed from within scripts when these are called by ipython script.py from
> the command line?

%reset is not parallel specific.

>>> %reset?

Type:       Magic function
String Form:<bound method NamespaceMagics.reset of <IPython.core.magics.namespace.NamespaceMagics object at 0x101cb4950>>
Namespace:  IPython internal
File:       IPython/core/magics/namespace.py
Definition: %reset(self, parameter_s='')
Docstring:
Resets the namespace by removing all names defined by the user, if
called without arguments, or by removing some types of objects, such
as everything currently in IPython's In[] and Out[] containers (see
the parameters for details).

Yes it works from script if they are called script.ipy
or if you use the transformed form :

>>> get_ipython().magic(u'hist -t')
--
Matthias