[IPython-User] WIP: theano ipython tutorials

James Bergstra james.bergstra@gmail....
Sat Dec 22 17:09:41 CST 2012

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Matthias Bussonnier
<bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 1. what's the best way to run all the notebooks from top to bottom to
>>> make sure that there is no stale code?
>>>

> There is an example script somewhere (wiki or min's gist)
> to rerun the ipynb in a headless manner.
>

>>> 2. what's the best way to publish the notebooks as images or a web
>>> page or something so that they can have a more web-friendly image?
>>> Right now, you have to download them and fire them up with IPython to
>>> get the *html* that finally lets you see them.
>
> Nbviewer is made for that.
> If you make a multifile gist the gist will be browsable in nbviewer.
>
> There is also nbview-dev that is good to explore github :
>
> http://nbviewer-dev.herokuapp.com/jaberg/IPythonTheanoTutorials/tree/master/ipynb/
>
> nbconvert could also allow to export pdfs...

Thanks for the pointers! Clicking the link you provided crashes the
app server, but I can imagine that nbviewer had some github-awareness,
then nbviewer.ipython.org could also allow browsing. That would be
pretty cool. I'll follow up with the nbviewer project.