[IPython-User] [notebook] copying cells to clipboard?

Michael Aye michael.aye@ucla....
Thu Dec 20 19:49:58 CST 2012

On 2012-12-19 17:18:22 +0000, Matthias BUSSONNIER said:

> Le 18 déc. 2012 à 21:48, Michael Aye a écrit :
>
>> I could swear that I have read about this before, but I can't find anything.
>>
>> I currently cannot copy notebook cells to the clipboard, is this>
>> supposed to work? I have seen Wouter pasting nicely formatted ipython>
>> sessions to StackOverflow, but maybe these were from the good old>
>> terminal sessions?
>>
>> I think it would be extremely useful for discussing computational
>> steps> via chat clients or in forums, if a group of cells could be
>> selected> and copied, nicely formatted, to the clipboard.
>>
>> Is / Will this be possible?
>
> I guess the copy past of session is better from the terminal and the
> qtconsole where right clickGive you 2 option to select content or raw
> text.
> You can still share notebook via nbviewer.ipython.org for discussion.

For long notebooks it is not the same to link to the whole thing.
Sometimes one wants to discuss the intricacies of details in a formula,
the sequence of sub-indexes etc.

> I'm not even sure a select/copy in the notebook without a custom
> browser would be doable.
> Hopes that helps.

But you can move cells within a notebook. Does that not mean that some
entitiy has the content or is managing the content on some level?