[IPython-User] [notebook] copying cells to clipboard?

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias@gmail....
Sun Dec 23 10:02:29 CST 2012

>> I guess the copy past of session is better from the terminal and the
>> qtconsole where right clickGive you 2 option to select content or raw
>> text.
>> You can still share notebook via nbviewer.ipython.org for discussion.
>
> For long notebooks it is not the same to link to the whole thing.
> Sometimes one wants to discuss the intricacies of details in a formula,
> the sequence of sub-indexes etc.

Ah, yes. There are no way to target a specific cell, but it will comes in time.

>> I'm not even sure a select/copy in the notebook without a custom
>> browser would be doable.
>> Hopes that helps.
>
> But you can move cells within a notebook. Does that not mean that some
> entitiy has the content or is managing the content on some level?

Yes, this entity is us in the javascript.
We do store the serialised cell as json in a buffer that is used to
recreate it when you past.
It does not goes through the clipboard, and even if it was, it would
be pure JSON.
Then at past time it is difficult to know wether you want to actually
past json, or have it interpreted.

IIRC The issue is that in most browser you can't hook to clipbord for
security reason.