[IPython-User] No response to client from ipcontroller

Adam Davis addavis@fosterandpartners....
Wed Feb 1 08:55:41 CST 2012

Further to my previous message, I can now get a working ad hoc cluster
from separately started ipcontroller and ipengine instances (including
across hosts on my network). However I can only do so when I invoke the
ipcontroller from a python interpeter, eg:

python IPython\parallel\apps\ipcontrollerapp.py --profile==test_profile

The controller does not seem to distribute tasks to the engines when
invoked through the ipcontroller executable in the Scripts directory of
my python installation. Can anyone suggest why this might be?

Thanks.

-Adam