[IPython-User] Notebook: console is not defined

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Feb 1 14:36:04 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:33 AM, klo uo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:

> My problem is old PC - 2GB, 3GHz P4 (which I can't upgrade soon) and
> when I run notebook with pylab I get famous "heartbeat stopped -
> kernel died" or similar message on startup (usually) and I looked for
> other way to use this feature.

It is possible to simply raise the heartbeat timeout with:

ipython notebook --MappingKernelManager.time_to_dead=10

which will make it 10 seconds.  Once you find the smallest value that
works reliably for you, you can put this permanently in your
configuration file.

Best,