[IPython-User] notebook: print failed on Windows

Toby Burnett tburnett@uw....
Thu Feb 2 21:42:53 CST 2012

Thanks! I need to monitor github, I see this was flagged 4 days ago.

But there is something that I've wondered about the cell editor. When I click somewhere to set the cursor, it is usually a bit offset vertically, always above, but dependent on the magnification factor, from the line that I chose.  (Chrome on windows.)  And now, with the current master, the last line may be slightly hidden unless I add a newline at the end. I'm not complaining, just observing, not a show stopper.

--Toby

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Granger [mailto:ellisonbg@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 16:26
To: Toby Burnett
Cc: ipython-user@scipy.org
Subject: Re: [IPython-User] notebook: print failed on Windows

Glad you like the new interface.

Try pulling from github master - this bug was fixed earlier today.
Don't forget to reload the notebook page a few times after upgrade so get rid of the cached versions of everything.

Cheers,

Brian

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Toby Burnett <tburnett@uw.edu> wrote:
> I'm trying out the current 0.13 development version.
>

> The notebook interface is *so* much nicer, I love it. And I can now
> edit the cells without frantic clicking to get rid of the gray
> selection. However, the print command failed on Windows.
>

> ERROR:root:Could not open static file
> 'codemirror/mode/markdown/markdown.css'
>
> ERROR:root:Could not open static file 'codemirror/mode/rst/rst.css'
>
> ERROR:root:Could not open static file 'codemirror/theme/default.css'
>
> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/codemirror/mode/markdown/markdown.css
> (127.0.0.1) 1.00ms
>
> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/codemirror/mode/rst/rst.css (127.0.0.1)
> 1.00ms
>
> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/codemirror/theme/default.css (127.0.0.1)
> 0.00ms
>
> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/codemirror/mode/markdown/markdown.css
> (127.0.0.1) 1.00ms
>
> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/codemirror/mode/rst/rst.css (127.0.0.1)
> 1.00ms
>
> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/codemirror/theme/default.css (127.0.0.1)
> 0.00ms
>

> Is there a new package to install?
>

> One slight request: I have different notebook servers, which use
> different sets of notebooks. It would be nice for the header line to
> be able to distinguish, some way for me to define a name instead of just "Notebook"?
>

> --Toby Burnett

Brian E. Granger
Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo bgranger@calpoly.edu and ellisonbg@gmail.com