[IPython-User] Parallel question: loading ipython profile for each view

Youngung Jeong youngung.jeong@gmail....
Tue Feb 7 00:36:19 CST 2012

I just started IPython parallel and found it very useful.
However, there's something I probably missing: a way to load a IPython profile for each view.
Some of the modules I have import some others from subdirectories. For that, those particular
directories are appended to os.sys.path in my default profile.

However, since I don't know how to load a specific profile for each of views, I had to do something like:

        view.execute('import os')
        view.execute('cwd = os.getcwd()')
        view.execute("apath = os.path.join(cwd, 'thesubdirectory')")
        view.execute("os.sys.path.append(apath)")

Which is very tedious.

Is there any handy way to deal with this problem?

Young