[IPython-User] QTextCursor::setPosition: Position '16786' out of range

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Feb 8 20:31:08 CST 2012

Hi Alejandro,

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Alejandro Weinstein
<alejandro.weinstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Sometimes (rather infrequently) when using the IPython QtConsole I get
> the following error message (in the terminal where I launched the
> QtConsole):
>
> QTextCursor::setPosition: Position '16786' out of range
>
> And an incorrect behavior with the prompt in the QtConsole itself. I
> am attaching a screenshot of the QTConsole right after I get the
> error.
>
> I am running Python 2.7.2, IPython 0.12 in an Ubuntu 11.10 machine.

Because this is infrequent, it would be best to log it as an issue on
our tracker (along with the screenshot you posted):

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/

That way if we ever find new info about it, it will be much easier to
build a case towards a solution than by hunting in the mailing list
archives.