[IPython-User] Notebook doesn't produce output

Ullrich Koethe ullrich.koethe@iwr.uni-heidelberg...
Thu Feb 9 10:50:49 CST 2012

Hi,

I'm very impressed with the new notebook functionality, but I cannot get
it to work on my computer (Windows 7, 64-bit, python 2.7, ipython 0.12,
Firefox 10.0). When I start the notebook via

$ ipython notebook

the notebook management page correctly shows up in Firefox, and I can
create new notebooks. Upon notebook creation, a kernel is correctly
started, as I confirmed by a console client started with "--existing",
which works normally. However, when I try to execute commands within the
notebook (Shift-Enter), the prompt changes into

   In[*]

and a new cell is created, but no output appears. In fact, the command
has no effect at all, as I confirmed in the other client.

How can I proceed to fix the problem?

Thanks!
Ulli