[IPython-User] Fwd: editing a file on a mac

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Feb 9 15:56:55 CST 2012

That's OK. In any case, it's working for me with the development version.

In what form are you using IPython? Terminal, Qt console, or notebook? The
Qt console and the notebook use a different %edit function from that in the
terminal.

If this is in the terminal, can you try setting the $EDITOR environment
variable to an editor you know is there on the system, and see if that
makes a difference?

Best wishes,
Thomas