[IPython-User] would you recommend ipython notebook to a newb?

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Fri Feb 10 11:48:49 CST 2012

I am using the notebook with people that are new to Python and I do
think it is a good option.  I agree that it doesn't replace a good IDE
for developing library code though.  We have plans to make the
notebook a more traditional IDE, but we are not there yet.

Cheers,

Brian

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
> A new python programmer (but experienced) colleage is looking into python (on
> ubuntu linux).  I suggested a couple of ide's (e.g., spyder, eclipse - he's not
> an emacs addict like myself).
>
> I wonder if I should suggest ipython with notebook interface?  Is this actually
> a good IDE, or just for playing around with a bit of code?

Brian E. Granger