[IPython-User] IPython-notebook-sympy bug report

Paul Lutus q3@arachnoid....
Sun Feb 12 10:54:11 CST 2012

I am running IPython and sympy under Fedora 16. My IPython version is
0.12, my sympy version is  0.7.1-1.

I have uncovered a bug having to do with LaTeX / MathJax rendering. It
turns out that, although nearly all notebook content is rendered using
MathJax, lists aren't, as shown in this link:

http://i.imgur.com/oA5R2.png

The first result is rendered by MathJax, and the second is rendered
using Unicode. After some investigation, I realize it's because the
second result is in the form of a list (if I render each list element
separately, it renders as LaTeX). Further experiments confirm that the
issue is lists, not content.

Thanks for reading!

--
Paul Lutus