[IPython-User] ipcontroller failover?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Sun Feb 12 13:12:38 CST 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 10:42, Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:

> Thanks Min,
>
> Is it possible to open a ticket for this capability for a (near) future
> release? It compliments that already amazing load balancing capability.

You are welcome to open an Issue.  I don't know if it will make it into one
of the next few releases, but it is on my todo list.  The best way to get
this sort of thing going is to start with a Pull Request.

> Perhaps a related but separate notion would be the ability to have
> clustered controllers for HA.

I do have a model in mind for this sort of thing, though not multiple
*controllers*, rather multiple Schedulers.  Our design with 0MQ would make
this pretty simple (just start another scheduler, and make an extra call to
socket.connect() on the Client and Engine is all that's needed), and this
should allow scaling to tens of thousands of engines.