[IPython-User] ipython qtconsole segmentation fault when displaying calltips / tooltips?

Stefan shmueller2@gmail....
Wed Feb 15 16:37:06 CST 2012

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply. Disabling the calltips works for now and will allow
me to get some work done...

My problem seems indeed the same as pshchelo's on issue #1407, which I
didn't stumble upon when googling. (Although I am also new to Mac, my
installation is relatively clean since I used homebrew and pip for
everything - I only started uninstalling and reinstalling when trying to get
qtconsole to work...)

So I could reproduce his demonstration and hopefully narrow it down a bit
further. So in fresh ipython qtconsole's, doing:

from numpy  import cos
cos( -> works every time

from numpy import sin
sin( -> segfaults every time

Maybe there is some particularity in the docstrings of the failing functions
that triggers the bug?

Thanks,
Stefan