[IPython-User] configuring qtconsole

Tom Brander tombrander@tombrander....
Wed Feb 15 17:10:35 CST 2012

I am running Ubuntu 10.10 I run Ipython on Python 2.7, (not the default)
which of course creates some confusion on my part.. but I'm getting there.
After running Ipython notebook for a while and liking it I decided I wanted
to amp things up a bit and get the qt console going to support
the additional debug options..
I updated Ipython to 12 dev via pypy

I had some issues with getting pyqt installed but believe I have it on
Python 2.7 not sure how to best verify..

However I cannot get the magic %qtconsole function it gives me

ERROR: Magic function `qtconsole` not found.

So I went to ipython without the notebook
tom@tom-Satellite-A105:~/ipython$ python2.7 ipython.py ipython --pylab qt
Welcome to pylab, a matplotlib-based Python environment [backend: Qt4Agg].
For more information, type 'help(pylab)'.
*[TerminalIPythonApp] File not found: u'ipython'*
And dumped me back to the prompt.
Suggestions?

--
Tom Brander