[IPython-User] nobanner error

William Beard wcbeard10@gmail....
Fri Feb 17 01:20:47 CST 2012

Hello,
I just upgraded to ipython 0.12 with pip, and it gives me this error
message when I try to start it (it worked before the update though):
[TerminalIPythonApp] Bad config encountered during initialization:
[TerminalIPythonApp] Unrecognized flag: '-nobanner'

I searched through ~/.ipython for any mention of '-nobanner,' but the
only mention I see is in ipythonrc:

# banner 0 -> same as ipython -nobanner
banner 1

so I don't see how this could apply to the error message. I had a sympy
rc file that set 'banner 0', but I commented that out.

I believe I installed it with pip (I think from homebrew for Mac OS).
Doing 'which' tells me that they're located at
/usr/local/share/python/ipython
/usr/local/share/python/pip

Any advice?

CB