[IPython-User] [ipython notebook] reluctant ampersands

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Fri Feb 17 22:53:24 CST 2012

Hmm, we had one other user report this, but we have been unable to
reproduce it.  One thing I would definitely try is to reload the page
a few times.  Until we know what exactly triggers the problem, it will
be difficult to track down.  Let us know if you are able to get to the
bottom of this...

Cheers,

Brian

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Angus McMorland <amcmorl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In certain notebook code cells I can't type ampersands: every other
> character seems to work, but ampersands just don't show up, as if I
> hadn't pressed a key. My need for ampersands isn't great, so this
> hasn't happened regularly enough for me to systematically work out
> what causes it, and the easy work-around is to type the ampersand in
> some other cell where it works, and then Cut and Paste it into the
> appropriate location, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen this and
> if anyone has any idea what's going on?
>
> Best,
>
> Angus
> --