[IPython-User] Default value of --colors for QtConsole

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Feb 20 22:48:11 CST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Alejandro Weinstein
<alejandro.weinstein@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, when I lunch Ipython as $ ipython-qtconsole, I get the colors
> corresponding to the 'LightBG' option.
>
> Am I missing something or this is a bug in the documentation?

It's a bit of a wonky bug in how the auto-generated help is produced,
in that the default for that option in the underlying class is really
'linux', but the qtconsole overrides that default (since it uses a
white background by default) to be 'lightbg', but the help
auto-generated messages don't detect the override.

So I'd say it's a small bug in our fairly elaborate configuration machinery.