[IPython-User] Configuring qtconsole for notebook?

Tom Brander tombrander@tombrander....
Tue Feb 21 11:37:47 CST 2012

Thank you for the reply..

Went back and did easy_install-2.7 ipython... then started Ipython notebook
with
tom@tom-Satellite-A105:~/ipython$ ipython notebook --pylab inline
And it runs fine BUT still can't find %qtconsole from the notebook??? I
still get Magic function `qtconsole` not found.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Tom Brander <tombrander@tombrander.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the help yesterday, I have qt console running via the command
> > line using "python2.7 ipython.py qtconsole --pylab qt" So clearly at
> least
> > from the command line it can be found..
> >
> > But when I attempt to invoke it via %qtconsole in Notebook I get ERROR:
> > Magic function `qtconsole` not found.
> > I am using Ipython 12 dev (from pypi) and Ubuntu 10.10 and python2.7 (as
> > non-default Python)
> >
> > I start Ipython as so: "ipython.py notebook --pylab=inline"
>
> It looks like you are trying to start IPython without actually
> installing it, and this is likely to cause problems for things that
> fire off subprocesses.
>
> The 'ipython.py' script only works as a quick, zero-install way to
> start the terminal-based ipython. If you want to use any of IPython's
> more advanced features, you *must* actually install IPython after you
> download it.
>
> Cheers,

Tom Brander
http://tombrander.com -Real Estate