[IPython-User] Configuring qtconsole for notebook?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Feb 21 12:41:43 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Tom Brander <tombrander@tombrander.com> wrote:
> Went back and did easy_install-2.7 ipython... then started Ipython notebook
> with
> tom@tom-Satellite-A105:~/ipython$ ipython notebook --pylab inline
> And it runs fine BUT still can't find %qtconsole from the notebook??? I
> still get Magic function `qtconsole` not found.

I suspect for some reason, your PATH/PYTHONPATH is finding an older
version of IPython in your system.  When you overlay a new version,
you must make sure that your path and pythonpath are correctly set so
that all call forms find the new version.

The easiest solution is to remove the old one from your system, if you
can do that.