[IPython-User] mathjax version 2

Comer Duncan comer.duncan@gmail....
Tue Feb 21 15:09:53 CST 2012

HI Brian,

Thanks for the tips.  I think I will just wait until the Mathjax
developers decide that version 2.0 is real.  I am just wanting to use
equation numbering in a notebook I am working on.  I'm a physicist.
The notebook is about illustrating the hyperbolic character of
Maxwell's equations in Minkowski spacetime. This is not new stuff but
several techniques which have become quite useful in numerical
relativity are discussed, especially how one goes about demonstrating
hyperbolicity and the ramifications therein.  The notebook uses the
markdown stuff a lot and uses Sympy to do the symbolic calculations.
It is a lot of fun and is good for me to learn/understand better some
aspects of Sympy.

I am really enjoying ipython and thank you developers for your
efforts. I am using 0.13 and like the interface thus far.

By the way, is there a url where a bunch of ipython notebooks are
archived? It would be nice to see what variety of things have been
done so far with ipython notebooks!

Best,

Comer