[IPython-User] mathjax version 2

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Feb 22 14:36:25 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that more about the parallel side would be very useful and
> would promote others to devise their own and share.  How about a
> ipython site devoted to contain user-contributed ipython notebooks? I
> know that the developers have their plates full but this would be nice
> for both user use and encouragement. Open source/open notebooks is a
> reasonable idea I think.

Absolutely, having a nice sharing facility would be awesome.  I just
think our (very small) core team is currently swamped with building
the foundation to tackle this task.

As an interim solution, we could create a wiki page for 'community
notebooks' where people post a short description of a notebook as a
link to a gist.  It's not ideal but it's fairly low overhead and can
be done *now* without needing extra infrastructure.

In the long run, we certainly do want to tackle this problem for real,
as we know it's very important and useful.  But right now we have our
plate more than full with things that still need doing in the core of
the notebook and ipython itself.

If a one or more users want to tackle this as a project, by all means
let us know.  We could hash out some ideas on the list, or jump on
skype for a conversation if needed.