[IPython-User] mathjax version 2

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Feb 22 14:53:59 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about just using scipy central?

Good point, I'd forgotten about it (Thomas also mentioned it).  I
certainly hope scipy-central will grow in use, so we might as well
encourage it by putting example notebooks there.  And we could
collaborate with them to find nicer ways to display the uploaded
notebooks in the site, so users don't have to download and open the
notebooks locally before they can see any content.  The scipy-central
team could be the manpower we need for this particular topic...

The main thing will be to implement a nice html converter, which we
need and have discussed a lot.  It's a small, neat and self-contained
ipython project anyone can write.  Once that tool is ready, the scipy
central site could render the uploaded notebooks on its pages
(statically) for users to see, offering the file download/clone links
as well.