[IPython-User] html from ipython nb

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Feb 23 11:15:49 CST 2012

Hi Comer,

On 23 February 2012 16:58, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I discovered Fernando's nb2html script and eventually
> installed python 3.2 and then docutils 0.9 but still had no luck in
> getting his nb2html script not to choke on a notebook file.  Maybe I
> did something incorrectly but given that the developers are clearly
> quite busy with core/foundational issues I was hoping to be able to
> use Fernando's script for now.  Given that I did not get it to work, I
> thought I'd inquire about the feature recently mentioned by Brian in a
> Google+ post.

I think the way to go is debugging Fernando's script - it evidently
works (worked?) under some conditions, so that's probably the best
starting point. Once that's robust, we can hook the code up to the
output mechanisms of the main codebase.

I imagine Fernando was using Python 2.7 with the script - we'll want
to get it working with Python 3 as well, but it's not necessarily
Python 3 compatible yet.

Thanks,
Thomas