[IPython-User] html from ipython nb

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Feb 23 16:49:56 CST 2012

On 23 February 2012 21:35, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I understand.  For my liberal education can you point me to the
> stream type cell so I can at least try to understand it?

A 'stream' cell is a cell displaying stdout or stderr - typically
things that you've 'print'ed, as opposed to expressions that have been
displayed because they were at the end of the cell (we call that
'pyout').

The javascript code handling it is here:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static/js/codecell.js#L618

You would need to add a function to translate this type of cell, and
put a reference to it in the converters dict at line 92 of the script
(https://gist.github.com/1569580). Have a look at the out_pyout()
function to see how this should work.

Thomas