[IPython-User] How to deep reload?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Feb 23 19:35:46 CST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Jeremy Conlin <jlconlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> IPython seems to have changed how it does deep reloading of
> modules/packages. I can't seem to find information about how it is
> done in the documentation. Can someone show me the right way to to do
> it? I'm running IPython 0.12.

Mmh, we have not changed the dreload() command in many, many years, if
ever.  What specifically do you see as a change?  The dreload function
is called with a module:

dreload(sys)

and it will attempt to recursively reload all of its dependencies.
Note that dreload is fairly brittle, and it does *not* always work.
It's old and very delicate code that nobody has ever had the time to
dig into (it was written by Ka-Ping Yee years ago as a standalone
project, and we used it since IPython's start).

But since I don't think we've changed anything regarding dreload(),
I'm curious as to what you are seeing.