[IPython-User] How to deep reload?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Feb 24 12:23:14 CST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Tom Dimiduk
<tdimiduk@physics.harvard.edu> wrote:
> While on the topic of deep reloads, I have another question.  How do you
> do deep reloads of packages with imports of numpy?

This is one of the major failings of dreload.  This bug has persisted
for a very long time, but nobody has had the bandwidth to investigate
what the problem is, and whether it's fixable or not.  There's a limit
to how much numpy code can be handled by dreload because of its C
extensions, but this particular error is very strange.

We've known about it for a long time, but no progress has been made.
it's one of our oldest bugs:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/32